The 2012 East Coast Sport Kite Championships will be held May 25-28th, 2012 in Wildwood, NJ. If you would like to participate, please download, print, complete, and mail the registration form to Sky Festivals in order to sign up to compete.
Event Information from Beatrix:
There will be a host of changes for this year’s event as follows . . .
First, there will be a simultaneous event taking place which will utilize much of the Convention Center (CC) on Sat & Sun. What this obviously equates to is at this very moment, I do not have a place for indoor kite flying for these two days. Rest assured, I understand how important this is to many folks and am working diligently on securing another location. There is the possibility of not having any indoor space on Sat or Sun; the other side to the coin is that we do have availability of one of the halls (as we've previously utilized) on Mon. I've already reached out to my op’s folks for this aspect and they are game to move forward with Mon's World Indoor Kite Competition, so that WILL still take place. I am also looking in to the Indoor Mega Fly returning. Please note, the registration form will indicate indoor kite flying is still taking place as I am cautiously optimistic!
Second, while we will still be breaking bread together on Sun evening, we will not have a formal banquet in the CC; rather, an a la carte dinner will take place at a local restaurant. Per-party checks will be available. PLEASE ENSURE that when you complete your registration forms you notate if you'll be attending the Sun night dinner as I MUST provide the restaurant a head count.
Other changes / confirmations include:
* there will be no indoor or outdoor workshops;
* there will be no kite exhibit room;
* there will be no SFP office in the CC - the new "office" will be within the Festival Field Tent (FFT);
* kites will still be hung in the south lobby;
* the auction on Sat night will still take place in the ballroom;
* registration for Fri afternoon and Sat a.m. will take place at the FFT;
* kite sales will take place in the FFT;
* no worries, I'm still getting the port-a-pottie
Contact the Organizer via Email