September 20, 2015
Don't forget to sign up for the LBI Sport Kite Competition on Long Beach Island, NJ, the weekend of October 9-12!
September 3, 2015
OBSKC Registration deadline is September 7th, 2015. Register now!
Donate to support TISKC and be entered to win the "Absolutely no Sticks" single-line package.
August 2, 2015
Scores from the 2015 Old Dominion Sport Kite Championships and 2015 East Coast Stunt Kite Championships have been posted! Also, final league standings for the 2015 season have been updated, and jacket winners have been notified! Thanks to everyone who helped to make our 2015 season a success!
I'm super-excited for everything that's coming in the 2016 season! In case you haven't been plugged into the Eastern League newsfeed, here's what's going on:
- A new competition taking place in New Jersey in October (Lisa Willoughby and Dennis Smith are working together to add a competition to the new Long Beach Island International Kite Festival).
- FREE event sanctioning for Eastern League Competitions for 2016.
- FREE one-year Eastern League membership for everyone who participates in an EL event this season (competing, judging, setup, providing sound, etc). Your free year will be credited following the first event in which you participate -- one free year per customer :)
- FREE fleece award jacket or vest including embroidery for each qualified competitor.
- Better league standings calculations for the 2016 season and onward -- In order to calculate who's leading the league, we will look at top 3 scores per competitor for the season, instead of top 5, and jackets will be awared to top-three flyers who have attended at least 2 events and have earned 40 or more points. This means that in 2016, the award jackets should better reflect flying ability instead of attendance.
There's never been a better time to get involved with the Eastern League! You can get started by signing up to compete at the 2015 Outer Banks Stunt Kite Competition, sponsored by Kitty Hawk Kites and coordinated by our own Augustus Martin (with Will Smoot & Jack Wilson assisting).